I’m a bourbon enthusiast. My official “spirit” animal is bourbon … good ol’ American bourbon.
I love everything about the libation — the color, the taste (caramel and vanilla notes are the ones I like best), and the history. Hey, did you hear that a new documentary about bourbon is coming out this year? It’s called “Neat: The Story of Bourbon” and I’m so excited!
These days, with bourbon’s increasing cool-factor, there are more choices than ever. Yay me! But if there is something new that says “small batch” or “cask-strength,” I have to buy it … because I’m the sucker who falls for the marketing every time. I need a bigger bourbon cabinet to match my thinner wallet.
With that in mind, my current faves are:
- Angel’s Envy (my go-to, sweet and spicy)
- Widow Jane (beautiful color with a yummy cherry thing going on)
- Prichard’s Double Chocolate (rich and decadent)
- Breaking & Entering (lovely vanilla and bananas, but you can’t get it now … who knows if it’s ever coming back *sniffle*)
- New fave alert: Balcones Rumble (gift from a dear friend — thanks MWW! Not technically a bourbon, but ohhh so delish)
More is being written about whiskey/whisky, and a slew of articles about “whiskey-drinking women” have been making the rounds. I know this because my friends send them to me or post them to my Facebook.
These are some of my faves:
- For the Girls Who Drink Whiskey
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Always Go For the Girl Who Drinks Whiskey
- Whiskey-Swilling Women are Killing Vodka Sales
And a few more general links of interest:
I’m always looking for something new to try out, or a creative cocktail, so please share your faves in the comments.